What is Mold?
Molds are ubiquitous in nature, and mold spores are a common component ofhousehold and workplace dust. However, when mold spores are present in large quantities, they can present a health hazard to humans, potentially causing allergic reactions and respiratory problems.
Some molds also produce mycotoxins that can pose
serious health risks to humans and animals. Some studies claim that exposure to high levels of
mycotoxins can lead to neurological problems and in some cases death. Prolonged exposure, e.g. daily home exposure, may be particularly harmful. Research
on the health effects of mold has not been conclusive. The term "toxic mold" refers to molds that produce
mycotoxins, such as Stachybotrys chartarum, and
not to all molds in general. These toxic properties may also be used to the benefit of humans e.g.
penicillin from Penicillium and so on. In low doses these toxins that could otherwise be deadly can
be controlled to our benefit to fight off infection.
Mold in NJ homes can usually be found in
damp, dark or steamy areas e.g. bathroom or
kitchen, cluttered storage areas, recently flooded areas, basement areas, plumbing spaces, areas with poor ventilation and outdoors in humid environments.
Symptoms caused by mold allergy are watery, itchy eyes, a chronic cough headaches or migraines, difficulty breathing, rashes, tiredness, sinus problems,
nasal blockage and frequent sneezing. Continue>
CALL TODAY FOR MORE INFORMATION REGARDING MOLD INSPECTIONS